Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Razorback Red Hardy Hybiscus: Some flowers just scream to be adopted by State and Local Communities.

We saw these about a four years ago at Lowes, and I thought Judy was going to come unglued, "OMG, Razorback Red Hybiscus you can plant in the front yard...Let's buy a dozen!".










I have to admit I am fond of them. Mostly because they are Razorback Red, but also because they bloom from July to October - So ya gottem for Football season, oh yeah! This year's heat wave is really kicking their hindend, but they keep putting out flowers regardless. Just keep on coming like a good Razorback should. I didn't really think of them as shrubs, and they can be tacky, but hey, Mama's happy - so am I. We get so many positive comments about them that I thought I would write about them, and start a campaign to make them the official Flower of Fayetteville. I mean they are the right color for The Hill and bloom into October, the most important time of the year on The Hill, so they're ya have it - time to file my ordinance with the City. On another hand, they are a striking resemblence to the color of the state flag and I find them as pretty as the apple blossom - shoot every state south of the Mason-Dixon has the Apple Blossom as their state Flower - Boring!!!! Maybe I could donate some cuts to the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks, I bet they'd enjoy'em as would their visitors.
Anyway, these flowers are beautiful, are a delight to have, easy to raise, and as the name suggest very hardy. They are worthy to be adopted as a botanical mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment